Adopted January 1995
From time to time requests are received for financial assiatance from individuals attending or preparing to attend college or bible school programs. To assist the church membership in their deliberations regarding these requests the following are offered as considerations:
1. Each individual making application must make a declaration of their individual acceptance of Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
2. Be willing to provide written or verbal statements from three individuals known to members of the Palermo Christian Church detailing that the individual's conduct and demeanor are evidence of their declaration in item 1 above.
3. Make a written statement containing:
A. Name of School
B. Purpose of their attendance
C. Motivation for attendance
D. How this educational experince will enhance their Christian walk
4. Provide a brief statement of costs associated with the particular program and a general outline of how the individual intends to fund the same.
Financial assistance will be provided at the pleasure of the membership of the Palermo Christian Church with the usual rules of voting in force. The following guidelines are suggested:
- Requests are limited to post high school level programs
- Preference will be given to students planning to attend a program supported or directed by an evangelical Christian entity. A statement of faith or purpose of the school will be provided.
- Preference will be given to those individuals declaring an intent to work full-time in a Christian vocation.